Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stop-Motion Character Animation


This was such an incredibly fun project to work on, and I worked on it with some very entertaining people--Kristin Campbell, Eric Garcia, Lancing Chen, and Sony Tran. The work between us was quite well distributed I thought too and everyone had some part in almost everything that we did, which made for pretty a smooth production process. I supplied most of the equipment for the animation: the computer, software (monkeyjam), camera, tripod, and clay for the animation. Since I was operating the camera and software most of the time I was able to add input on how the characters were staged and posed in each shot, and I helped make sure that each character and object animated as smoothly and realistically as possible from frame to frame. I also helped physically animate the murderer, who had some rather tricky movements. After watching Cassidy Curtis' lecture we felt inspired to include a smear frame even, which added a lot to the feel of the stabbing motion I thought. It was so interesting having to animate everything straight ahead, and it took a significant amount of thought to plan out each character's movements and actions. We adjusted the timing after everything was shot and done, and then took it into premier pro where Eric added a title and credits. Then Kristin, Eric, and I added some sound effects to give the animation its finishing touch! I had such a great time working on this project and creating something with my brilliant friends!

Smear frame

Our animation setup

Cast Group Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment