Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stop Motion Animation of Falling


Here's my stop motion fall! So I shot this using a webcam that was attached to a tripod overhanging my bed (as seen in image below). I used a software called monkeyjam to shoot, edit, and put together the different images, and I used a wireless mouse so I could capture a frame without having to move over to my laptop. For the actual animation I used a small sculpture of a skull (which has magnetic parts, making some of the earlier movements separating the jaw and the skull a bit difficult) and the set was simply some tombstones that I made out of artists tape and attached to my bed. I also used a straight piece of tape that I marked with the proper spacing for the falls. Then it was simply a matter of aligning the falling piece with the marks, and then animating the impact straight ahead. It was quite a fun little project! Especially for really my first attempt at stop motion!

Messy room and MacGyvered setup, but it worked alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment